Saturday, December 31, 2005

Dancers



2 more cut paper compositions. Expressions of my love for dance. In the first one, I've used one of my floral pastel paintings. 30 minutes to 2006! Thanks to everyone for sharing their art & soul...and for all the wonderful comments. As for resolutions: As I start a new phase in my life, empty nesting in New York with my husband, I plan to take advantage of all that New York has to offer while continuing to practice, learn and refine my fine art. Another biggie: to GET OUT and mingle; exchange ideas; make new friends and try to stay healthy so I can paint ’til I drop many many years from now. Now I gotta go get the champagne ready. See y’all next year!

8 comments:

Videos by Professor Howdy said...

There is a time for everything,
a season for every activity
under heaven. A time to be
born and a time to die. A
time to plant and a time to
harvest. A time to kill and
a time to heal. A time to
tear down and a time to
rebuild. A time to cry and
a time to laugh. A time to
grieve and a time to dance.
A time to scatter stones
and a time to gather stones.
A time to embrace and a
time to turn away. A time to
search and a time to lose.
A time to keep and a time to
throw away. A time to tear
and a time to mend. A time
to be quiet and a time to
speak up. A time to love
and a time to hate. A time
for war and a time for peace.

May 2006 be
your time to laugh,
embrace & receive
personal peace,
Dr. Howdy

Nita Van Zandt said...

What lovely, lovely work! A gorgeous ending and a promising beginning to the turn of the year!

Ellen Shipley said...

Oooh! These are bootiful. I love the movement created by the backgrounds. Very nice. 8-]

Lin said...

WONDERFUL way to bring in the New Year -- GORGEOUS dancers and cutwork -- love how you've combined them with the florals -- the colors are incredibly delightful!

Margaret McCarthy Hunt said...

Love them...gorgeous...now where are all those papercut outs I have been saving....:>

Teri said...

Geesh, these are sooooo beautiful!

Linda said...

Okay -- combining your cutouts with your own floral paintings are the best yet! Happy New Year to you! Enjoy the empty nest (I'll tell you, the worst thing about it is that you don't have the kids around to occasionally do the dishes and other such stuff. Yep. Now you have to do it all by yourself.)
:-)

Dana S. Whitney said...

Wonderful combination of methods! synergy in 06!