Thursday, October 20, 2005

EDM Challenges 21, 22 & 31


These are all separate drawings of items in a collection of family memorabilia combined into one image created in photoshop. The dress is a christening gown originally worn by my sister...and then me. The clip in the lower left is really pretty, but I haven't identified whose it was...or the story behind it yet. The postcard collection, bound by wooden panels & metal screws, was my mother's. The little snapshot mini album has a leather cover with grommets and a very fragile string holding it all together. The photos inside are from my maternal grandmother's family, as is the small, framed portrait in the upper left corner. I have boxes of postcards, photos and letters, many of which were sent by friends and relatives while they served during WWII. I submit this entry to satisfy the "clothing", "antique or vintage items" and "collection" challenges.

6 comments:

inki said...

Oh, this is SO lovely! I love it!
Dede

gail said...

Beautiful Nelly - I especially love your sketch of the dress.

Linda said...

This is really neat -- well drawn, and I'm amazed at what some of you guys can do with photoshop.

Felicity Grace said...

Very evocative. Lovely details in the dress.

Kathleen Pequignot said...

Very nice Nelly!

Unknown said...

This is good, I really like this!! Especially the delicate christening gown. I think you did a wonderful job.